Arts Horizons supports the movement to advocate for Arts Education in our communities!! Active creative learning is good for all students!
Pictured Left: Arts Horizons thanks Mr. Delroy Lindo – Actor and Theater Director for his support of the arts!!!
Pictured Right: Arts Horizons thanks ” The Good Wife ‘s ” Cush Jumbo — soon to be featured in the show’s spinoff “The Good Fight” on CBS. “Yesterday an Arts Student Today…..an ART MAKER.”
Arts Horizons teaching artists and assembly performers stand proud as former arts students and active artists! Thank you Wincey, Yako, Ken and Baba for your work as artists, educators and mentors to our youth!
The NJ-based Arts Ed Now campaign officially launched on September 12, 2016 during national Arts Ed Week – with advocates featuring the initiative at local and statewide levels all week long. Spurred by the New Jersey Arts Education Partnership (NJAEP), NJ State Council on the Arts, the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, and Americans for the Arts, Arts Ed Now is a multi-year campaign designed to increase participation in arts education in schools across New Jersey.
To achieve better results, the campaign set the following goals by year 2020:
- All NJ students will have access to arts education
- Increase the number of schools providing more than two art forms
- Increase arts participation in elementary and middle schools to 100%
- Increase participation in high schools to 60%
- Increase school engagement with community resources
- Develop a statewide network of local stakeholders